Are there side effects associated with Xarelto® in adults?
side effects of xarelto®:
- increased risk of bleeding
- you may bruise more easily and take longer to stop bleeding
- aspirin or aspirin-containing products
- long-term (chronic) use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- warfarin sodium (coumadin®, jantoven®)
- any medication containing heparin
- clopidogrel (plavix®)
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (snris)
- other medicines to prevent or treat blood clots
Always tell your healthcare professional if you experience any side effects while taking Xarelto®; having an open and honest conversation with your health care professional will help you get the best care.
Your risk of bleeding is increased if you take Xarelto® with other medicines that also increase your risk of bleeding, such as: