2. Acorns Checking Real-Time Round-Ups® invests small amounts of money from purchases made using an Acorns Checking account into the client’s Acorns Investment account. Requires both an active Acorns Checking account and an Acorns Investment account in good standing. Real-Time Round-Ups® investments accrue instantly for investment during the next trading window.
3. A properly suggested portfolio recommendation is dependent upon current and accurate financial and risk profiles. Clients who have experienced changes to their goals, financial circumstances, or investment objectives, or who wish to modify their portfolio recommendation, should promptly update their information in the Acorns app or through the website.
4. Acorns Earn provides subscribers access to shop with our partners and earn bonus investments into your Acorns Invest portfolios when purchasing items from the partner brands. Acorns Earn rewards investments are made by Acorns Grow, Incorporated into your Acorns Invest account through a partnership Acorns Grow maintains with each Acorns Earn partner.
5. Acorns Subscription Fees are assessed based on the tier of services in which you are enrolled. Acorns does not charge transactional fees, commissions or fees based on assets for accounts under $1 million.
6. Acorns is not a bank. Acorns Visa™ debit cards and banking services are issued by Lincoln Savings Bank or nbkc bank, members FDIC. Acorns Checking clients are not charged overdraft fees, maintenance fees, or ATM fees for cash withdrawals from in-network ATMs. Please see your Acorns Subscription Center or Account Statements for a description of the fees you pay to Acorns for its services. Any balances you hold with Lincoln Savings Bank or nbkc bank, including but not limited to those balances held in Acorns Checking accounts are added together and are insured up to $250,000 per depositor through Lincoln Savings Bank or nbkc bank, Members FDIC. If you have funds jointly owned, these funds would be separately insured for up to $250,000 for each joint account owner. Lincoln Savings Bank or nbkc bank utilizes a deposit network service, which means that at any given time, all, none, or a portion of the funds in your Acorns Checking accounts may be placed into and held beneficially in your name at other depository institutions which are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). For a complete list of other depository institutions where funds may be placed, please visit https://www.cambr.com/bank-list. Balances moved to network banks are eligible for FDIC insurance once the funds arrive at a network bank. To learn more about pass-through deposit insurance applicable to your account, please see the Account Documentation. Additional information on FDIC insurance can be found at https://www.fdic.gov/resources/deposit-insurance/.
7. The ETFs comprising the portfolios charge fees and expenses that will reduce a client’s return. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the funds carefully before investing. Investment policies, management fees and other information can be found in the individual ETF’s prospectus. Please read each prospectus carefully before investing.
8. Acorns does not provide access to invest directly in Bitcoin. Bitcoin exposure is provided through the ETF BITO, which invests in Bitcoin futures. This is considered a high-risk investment given the speculative and volatile nature. Investments in Bitcoin ETFs may not be appropriate for all investors and should only be utilized by those who understand and accept those risks. Investors seeking direct exposure to the price of bitcoin should consider a different investment.
9. The ESG (Environmental, social, and governance) investment strategies may limit the types and number of investment opportunities available, as a result, the portfolio may underperform others that do not have an ESG focus. Companies selected for inclusion in the portfolio may not exhibit positive or favorable ESG characteristics at all times and may shift into and out of favor depending on market and economic conditions. Environmental criteria considers how a company performs as a steward of nature. Social criteria examine how it manages relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates. Governance deals with a company’s leadership, executive pay, audits, internal controls, and shareholder rights.
10. Invest, an individual investment account which invests in a portfolio of ETFs (exchange traded funds) recommended to clients based on their investment objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
11. Later, an Individual Retirement Account (either Traditional, ROTH or SEP IRA) selected for clients based on their answers to a suitability questionnaire. Please consult your tax advisor with any questions.
12. Early, an UTMA/UGMA investment account managed by an adult custodian until the minor beneficiary comes of age, at which point they assume control of the account. Money in a custodial account is the property of the minor.
13. It is not possible to invest directly in an index. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
14. Acorns reserves the right to restrict or revoke any and all offers at any time.
15. Compounding is the process in which an asset’s earning from either capital gains or interest are reinvested to generate additional earnings over time. It does not ensure positive performance, nor does it protect against loss. Acorns clients may not experience compound returns and investment results will vary based on market volatility and fluctuating prices.
16. Diversification and asset allocation do not guarantee a profit, nor do they eliminate the risk of loss of principal.
17. App rating references the combined all-time star rating received in Google Play and Apple App Store.
18. ‘Save and Invest’ refers to a client’s ability to utilize the Acorns Real-Time Round-Ups® investment feature to seamlessly invest small amounts of money from purchases using an Acorns investment account.
19. The information contained on this website should not considered an offer, solicitation of an offer or advice to buy or sell any security or investment product. The information should not be construed as tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax advisor with any questions.