Enrolling in Optavia starts by talking to an Optavia Coach on the phone. During this phone call, you will choose an Optavia diet plan, set weight loss goals, and become familiar with the program.
For weight loss, most people start with the 5&1 Optimal Weight Plan, which is an 800- to 1,000-calorie regimen that the company says can help you lose 12 pounds. in 12 weeks.
On the 5&1 plan, you are instructed to eat 5 servings of Optavia and 1 lean, green meal each day. the program recommends eating a meal or food every 2-3 hours and incorporating 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
The 5&1 plan also includes 1 optional snack per day, which must be approved by your coach. Some examples of plan-approved snacks are:
- 3 celery sticks
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) sugar-free gelatin
- 1/2 ounce (14 grams) walnuts
- feeding 1: essential golden chocolate chip pancakes with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar-free maple syrup
- feed 2: essential berry sprinkles crunch bar
- food 3: essential cheddar and jalapeño poppers
- food 4: essential with homemade chicken flavor & vegetable noodle soup
- food 5: essential strawberry milkshake
- lean green food: 6 ounces (172 grams) grilled chicken breast cooked with 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil, served with small amounts of avocado and salsa, plus 1.5 cups (160 grams) cooked mixed vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and broccoli
- optional snack: 1 sugar-free fruit popsicle with fruit flavor
- essential foods. these are optavia’s takes on classic American dishes and flavors, like cheddar mac with cheesy buttermilk, wild rice & chicken flavored soup and essential creamy vanilla shake.
- Select Foods. These products are described on the website as “diverse and delicious flavors from around the world.” examples of select foods include spinach pesto mac & honey chili cheese cranberry pecan bar.
- 5-7 ounces (145-200 grams) cooked lean protein
- 3 servings of non-starchy vegetables
- up to 2 servings of healthy fats
- meat: chicken, turkey, lean beef, game meats, lamb, pork chop or loin, ground beef (at least 85% lean)
- fish and shellfish: halibut, trout, salmon, tuna, lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops
- eggs: whole eggs, egg whites, egg beaters
- soy products: tofu only
- vegetable oils: canola, flaxseed, walnut, olive
- additional healthy fats: low-carb salad dressings, olives, low-fat margarine, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, avocado
- low carb vegetables: kale, spinach, celery, cucumbers, mushrooms, cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, spaghetti squash, jicama
- sugar-free snacks: popsicles, Jell-O, gum, mints
- sugar-free drinks: water, unsweetened almond milk, tea, coffee
- condiments and dressings: dried herbs, spices, salt, lemon juice, lime juice, yellow mustard, soy sauce, gravy, sugar-free syrup, no-calorie sweeteners, only 1/2 teaspoon ketchup, cocktail sauce, or barbecue sauce
- fried foods: meat, fish, shellfish, vegetables, sweets such as certain pastries
- refined grains: white bread, pasta, biscuits, pancakes, flour tortillas, crackers, white rice, cookies, cakes, pastries
- certain fats: butter, coconut oil, solid shortening
- full dairy: milk, cheese, yogurt
- alcohol: all varieties
- sugary drinks: soft drinks, fruit juices, sports drinks, energy drinks, sweet tea
Here’s what 1 day on the 5&1 Optimal Weight Plan might look like:
Alternatively, if you prefer more flexibility, your trainer may recommend the 4&2&1 plan, which consists of 4 optional meals, 2 lean green meals and 1 snack each day.
order optavia fuels
Because optavia coaches are paid on commission, you will request all your refueling using a link from your coach.
There are two types of fuels to choose from:
what you can eat for a lean, green meal
Lean and Green Meals are comfort foods that are designed to be high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Here’s what a lean, green meal should include:
The program also includes a guide to dining out that explains how to order a lean, green meal at your favorite restaurant.